Yockletts Granary holiday home lies in a beautiful and quiet rural valley below Yockletts Bank Nature Reserve close to Canterbury.
There is easy access to the local footpath and bridleway network. Cyclists will enjoy the country lanes and visits to many pretty villages in the area. There is a horse riding centre a few miles away. The local store at Stelling Minnis is only 2 miles away and is well stocked to fulfil daily requirements.
The City of Canterbury boasts two world heritage sites. Canterbury Cathedral and St Augustine's Abbey.
There are a number of other tourist attractions in the town and an extensive range of shopping, cafes and restaurants.
There are numerous castles and places of interest along the historic coast including Dover Castle with its dungeons and World War II tunnels.
There are a number of good beaches towards Hythe only 25mins drive away where there have been regular sightings of a dolphin! Excellent fresh fish is also available.
Nearby Lyminge has an 18 hole golf course and even nearer is a nine hole course at Stowting. Stowting also offers a trout fishing lake.
Howlett Zoo and Port Lympne animal park are both within easy access.
- The Hop Pocket at Bossingham offers excellent, freshly prepared food at a reasonable price. Good range of beers as it is a Freehouse.
- The Kings Head at Wye is a contemporary pub with country style. Superb food and range of beers and wine.
- The Compasses Inn at Sole Street is owned by Shephard Neame a local brewery and provides good award winning food.
- Five Bells Inn at Brabourne serves excellent food and beer. Voted Kent Life Pub of the Year 2013-14. Open on a Sunday evening too.
- The Rose & Crown at Stelling Minnis offers good food at a very reasonable price.
- The Granville, situated on the road between Yockletts and Canterbury City, very good food and light and airy atmosphere.
- The Duck Inn at Pett Bottom. Atmosphere in abundance with excellent food.
- The Tiger Inn at Stowting. Off the beaten track but well worth a visit. Excellent food and beer.